Tuesday 7 July 2020

Future Kestrel Class- a message from your future teacher!

All About Me

Hello, I'm Mrs Burton and I'm really excited about being your new teacher in September. I know it may feel a bit funny as some of you haven't been in school for what seems like ages but I promise we'll get through it together and whatever you are finding tricky I'll help you to make it easier.

This will be my third year at Carlton, just like you! Before working in Carlton I used to work in a school in Leeds and before that a school in London. I used to live in Carlton but now I live in Brayton. My daughter is Annie, do you know her? She is in Year 5 at the moment. When I'm not at school or working, I love to read, my favourite children's book is 'The True Story of the Three Little Pigs' because its funny and a bit cheeky. What is your favourite book? I also love to go to the theatre and watch musicals. I love singing along. I also love football and my favourite team is Leeds United. When I'm not at school, I spend a lot of time walking my dog. She's called Sally and she is a black miniature poodle. If I go on holiday I love going to the Lake District or somewhere warm like Spain or one of the Greek Islands. Where is your favourite place to go?
Since we haven't been able to have our move up mornings, could you write and tell me all about you and maybe draw a picture of yourself too? It will help me to get to know you and if someone at home wants to write and tell me anything else about you too they can. You could either email it to me (mrsburton2020@carlton-in-snaith.n-yorks.sch.uk) or post it/drop it off at school.
 I can't wait to see you all together in September. 
Until then keep safe and please write and tell me all about you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment